This was the main topic for discussion at yesterday’s meeting of The Inner Circle for Accountants. I have summarised below some of the key issues members addressed.
We met at The Eight Club in Moorgate, London and Members again benefited from the sharing of knowledge and insights around the table. Inevitably we strayed onto related topics as will be seen from the summary below:
- Likes and dislikes about key practice software
- Software that members had tried but given up on
- Different approaches to CRM using software solutions
- Synchronisation issues and solutions
- Managing multiple client and prospect databases
- Workflow management tools
- Managing online marketing campaigns
- Pricing formulas and fee quoting software
One of our members is among, what he believes to be, less than 300 UK accountancy firms to have invested in a branded ‘app’. His views will evidently impact other members’ response to the heavy marketing push around this topic.
Half of the members present had been at Accountex last week and provided their feedback as to whether a visit is worthwhile and how to gain maximum value when you do go.
At the end of the meeting I invited members to share what were for them the key learning points and takeaways. I have since shared these with all members of The Inner Circle along with related links to save them time trying to locate them. I will also share a fuller note of the issues discussed and shared at the meeting in due course together with additional relevant ideas. In accordance with our Membership Principles all such notes will comply with the Chatham House rule.
The Inner Circle is a facilitated group of like-minded accountants in practice who share similar challenges – and are willing to help each other by sharing practical solutions.
Check it out and follow the link to watch the intro video and then get in touch so that we can discuss whether joining would be good for you and for your practice
Latest posts by Mark Lee (see all)
- Pricing for profit – who’s charging what? - January 21, 2015
- What are your top skills and expertise? - January 15, 2015
- My PIPs for 2015 (That’s my Plans, Initiatives and Promises) - January 6, 2015